The Panida Theater
The Panida Theater (1927)—Opened as a vaudeville and movie house, the Panida was once considered one of the finest theaters west of the Rockies. Decades of glory faded into years of neglect. Seismic activity and water damage from a leaking roof destabilized the original plaster in the main auditorium to the point of ruin. In one step of the theater’s recent preservation, Custom Plaster replaced the auditorium ceiling in its entirety by removing the original work and then replacing it in like and kind, down to the brush dashed knockdown texture and confetti paint scheme. With only 30 days scheduled from start to finish, Custom Plaster completed the project on time and within budget.